SCO® OpenServerTM 6 is an impressive operating system featuring large file and multiple CPU support for a broad array of modern applications.
We place a primary emphasis on the SCO OpenServer product line and optional products. SCO OpenServer is the world’s most popular UNIX operating system, delivering tried and true performance, affordability, with unmatched reliability, scalability, and flexibility.
OpenServer 6 Definitive 2018 Features
- Multi-core processing. Complete multiple tasks using one integrated circuit or chip.
- Fibre channel-based SAN support. Support HP MSA 1000 systems and QLogic Fibre Channel 22xx/23xx controllers.
- VXFS file system. Ensure data integrity during a hardware failure with a journaled VXFS file.
- Support for UnixWare® 7 Definitive applications. SupportUnixWare applications with embedded SVR5 kernel technology. Multi-threaded kernel. Support more applications with SVR5 technology.
- Large file support. Get one terabyte of data to run your applications.
- TCP/IP, DHCP, IPX/SPX, SNMP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, HTTP, Web browser, mail readers
- Multi-processor support. Support four to 32 processors. SVR5 is a hardened kernel that runs on low cost, industry standard servers and is capable of near-linear scaling as resources are added to the system.
- Increased memory support. With 64 GB of memory, you can
support your applications and hardware (upto 32GB general
purpose memory and above 32GB to be used for dynamically
- Support for Async I/0. Asynchronous input/output lets a single
application thread overlap disk read/write operations with other processing to allow work to be done with input/output in the background.
Over 25-years’ experience in the specialization in SCO® Unix Support and SCO® Unix Virtualization on Virtual Servers.
OpenServer 6 Definitive bundles a variety of ready-made applications platforms with the UNIX SVR5 kernel.